My name is Tricia L Chaves, and I am in the process of organizing an event that you may wish to participate in called Cover Look Collection's Thousand Locks for Cancer, to provide donated ponytails from around the world to create wigs for female cancer patients who cannot afford to purchase one while undergoing treatment.
How the event will work
- From now through the end of August, we will be collecting (online) ponytail pledges for September and registering salon/stylist participants to cut them.
- As we have matches, we will forward the pledges information about participating salon(s) and group cutting events in their area to make an appointment for a cut.
- To incentivate pledges and participants, five celebrity hair pros who will donate one hair makeover in September
- Note: I am presently working out sponsorship for the event if you have interest or know someone who may -- feel free to pass my information along to contact me directly if you like
- Please tell everyone you know who may be interested in being a participating salon or stylist, organizing a group collection event, sponsoring or volutneering
- People of influence (such as celebrities or those involved with other cancer groups) may be especially helpful -- the more people who know and are involved in any way, big or small, will naturally increase the number of women in need we can help. My anticipation is that my initial goal of 1,000 is just a drop in the bucket that will make me dream much bigger for future years' events!
- As public events are scheduled related to the drive, they will be updated on the calendar in real time
- We'll also be talking about it on Twitter and Facebook and the blog so follow us there
- I just created a forum that will give readers and participants in the event an opportunity to communicate with one another directly (by geographic area and topic area of interest)
- I am working with some marketing partners to promote the event in all forms of media (print, online, radio, TV). I will be personally be talking to the media since I'm donating my own hair, and offering the participation and expertise of the celebrity pros involoved which is what makes this event extra special and newsworthy.
- I am aslo planning on featuring an "Ask a Pro" on a weekly basis to answer reader questions about hair care and styling with a short tip, trick or product suggestion.
- I will feature photos of styles the celebrity pros have created from shoulder length to ultra-short lengths on the site, blog and social media over the course of the event to offer general suggestions for haircuts that showcase their fabulous work.
- I will be adding online tools to the site that participants can use to promote the event
- We will be launching an online store with special beauty and style products with a portion proceeds to benefit the drive and custom-made commemorative jewelry and merchandise
Tricia L Chaves
Cover Look Collection
Join My Pro Database